Every Friday at 10:45 we have a mystery reader. As a mystery reader you are asked to bring in a few books to read to the class. You also need to send me in 5 clues about yourself on Thursday.
Here is a sample set of clues written by a parent last year.
1. My favorite book when I was in first grade was Charlie
and the Chocolate Factory.
2. I was the youngest child in my family growing up.
3. My family has one dog as a pet.
4. I love to watch American Idol with my family.
5. My favorite family vacation is going to the beach every summer.
I start with clue #1 and end with clue #5. As you get closer to clue #5, you should make your clues a bit more revealing so that your child starts to recognize some of the information in the clues. It is so fun when students realize that their parent is one who has written the clues and will soon be reading to our class!
Let me know if you have any questions!